Read also: 5 ways nutrition could help your immune system fight off the coronavirusThe hospital’s emergency unit supervisor, Hari Sutikno, said the hospital staff appreciated the donations, as paramedics were urged to remain within the hospital complex to adhere to physical distancing measures. The foundation previously distributed hand sanitizers to Islamic boarding schools and orphanages, as well as set up portable sinks at the Kemayoran athletes village makeshift emergency hospital for COVID-19 cases in Jakarta. “We shall all work together in helping healthcare workers who have worked hard as the front-liners in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Agus.Topics : The Pertamina Foundation has been providing lunches for healthcare workers at Pertamina General Hospital in Jakarta since March 16 and will continue to do so for the next three weeks.The hospital, under Pertamina Group, is among 132 referral hospitals for COVID-19 cases in Indonesia. “We are very grateful for the hardworking medical workers who have been treating COVID-19 patients. Therefore, we’re providing them with lunch for three weeks, starting from March 16. We appreciate the generosity of all donors,” Pertamina Foundation president director Agus Mashud S. Asngari said in a statement on Monday.
Jakarta can ease its large-scale social restrictions (PSBB) and resume normal activities only if it maintains its current low basic reproductive number for the SARS-CoV-2 virus over a two-week period, according to the National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas).The basic reproductive number, also known as R0, refers to the number of people who can catch COVID-19 from a single infected person in a population.Epidemiologists believe the outbreak will eventually die out if the R0 remains smaller than one – a point reached by Jakarta on May 19, as claimed by the Bappenas. “Jakarta has to maintain the condition for 14 days, starting from May 19, in order to ease the physical distancing measures and allow people to be productive again,” Bappenas head Suharso Monoarfa said during a teleconference on Thursday.Read also: Transmission won’t stop unless 80 percent of Jakartans stay at home: EpidemiologistsHe asserted that the implementation of strict health protocols, such as wearing masks and maintaining physical distance, would continue while the restrictions were relaxed, in what he called the “new normal”, as people had to adapt to the fact that COVID-19 would not disappear completely any time soon.Apart from having a low R0, a region should also have sufficient medical facilities and testing capacity before deciding to ease social restrictions. Suharso claimed the capital already had “sufficient beds for COVID-19 patients” and had also tested more than 5,000 people per 1 million population. The claimed testing figure is higher than the standard set by the WHO of 1,000 people per 1 million population.The ministry revealed Indonesia had a 2.5 R0 nationwide and had only managed to test 743 people per 1 million population as of May 19. The government has targeted to increase testing capacity to 1,838 tests per 1 million population by June 19 by conducting 10,000 tests daily.Read also: COVID-19: Jakarta extends PSBB until June 4 as Jokowi seeks to ease restrictionsWHO representative for Indonesia, Navaratnasamy Paranietharan, said Indonesia should increase its testing capacity to make its data on the transmission rate more reliable before the government moved to relax social restrictions.Among the ways to bring down and maintain the R0 below one for a long period time is to “maintain social distancing and [implement] health protocols,” said Paranietharan.Topics :
36 Needham St, Fig Tree Pocket.“On the upper level are five bedrooms, two offices, a television room and 12-seat cinema with a wet bar. A ground level made for entertaining includes a gymnasium, games room, boardroom, climate-controlled wine cellar, multiple lounge areas and a sixth bedroom.”The seventh bedroom was in a separate guest cottage on the estate. 36 Needham St, Fig Tree Pocket.According to the listing by Tyson Clarke of Queensland Sotheby’s International Realty – Ascot the property was called “Rivergum Retreat”.“Cleverly calculated to adjust to the requirements of a large family, the 1956sq m interior is spread across three wings. 36 Needham St, Fig Tree Pocket.Outdoor features include a barbecue kitchen with teppanyaki grill, heated horizon swimming pool and spa, and championship-sized tennis court.The home also has a hi-tech fitout including C-Bus, SONOS and Crestron systems control for lighting, temperature, blinds, irrigation and security. 36 Needham St, Fig Tree Pocket.A QUEENSLAND richlister’s riverfront home has been given an $11.9m price tag which includes a Gold Class cinema, seven car garage and pontoon to tie your boat up to. The seven bedroom, nine bathroom home at 36 Needham Street, Fig Tree Pocket, belongs to Linc Energy founder Peter Bond. Linc Energy founder Peter Bond has put a price on his sprawling Brisbane riverfront estate of $11.9m. Picture: Anthony WeateIf sold for that price it will be the third highest amount fetched in Brisbane behind the $18.48m paid for 1 Leopard St, Kangaroo Point last month and the $14m that Australia’s richest woman, Gina Rineheart paid in 2014 for her stunning Hawthorne character estate.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home6 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor6 hours agoMr Bond’s property spans 1.2ha and has river frontage of 132m.
Conditions now look right for a revival in European infrastructure investment, but governments risk missing out on the potential growth from this by failing to provide assets and the right regulation, a study concludes.Analysis commissioned by law firm Linklaters showed institutional investors such as pension funds, insurers and sovereign wealth funds would have around $1trn (€723bn) available to put into infrastructure over the next decade.Iain Wagstaff and Ian Andrews, infrastructure sector co-leaders at the firm, said in the study that this extra money and its ability to attract leverage was changing market dynamics.They said it was driving prices higher and encouraging governments and companies to provide investment opportunities in greenfield projects and to boost the pipeline of brownfield assets for sale. “If those opportunities are created, and the available funds are actually invested into building and upgrading Europe’s infrastructure, the impact on the economy could be substantial,” they said.Analysis from the company Oxford Analytica estimated this investment could increase GDP by 1.4% a year in European countries between 2014 and 2023, and by 1.9% a year in the UK, they said.The cumulative GDP impact of the extra spending in European economies translated into more than $3trn by 2023, they said, pointing out this was triple the $1trn outlay on infrastructure assets.But even though the case for infrastructure investment is strong, the firm said, it is uncertain whether there will be enough projects and assets on the market to absorb the available funds. “Governments have an opportunity to secure investment that can boost their national GDP by launching new projects, releasing assets for sale and providing a stable regulatory landscape,” the reports authors said. But while political will concerning infrastructure investment remains uncertain, Linklaters said, deal flow is more likely to come from corporate disposals as companies seek to cash in on high prices to reduce debt or fund expansion.
The completed hull of the new Irish Ferries cruise ferry W. B. Yeats was launched into the water on Friday, January 19 at the Flensburger Schiffbau–Gesellschaft shipyard in Flensburg, Germany where the vessel is being built.Now the finishing touches will be put, including construction work on the hull and installation of the technical, operational, décor, furnishings and passenger amenities required onboard.Once completed, the vessel will undergo sea trials, crew training and docking procedures at the Irish, UK and French ports into which it will operate.The EUR 150 million (USD 183.5 million), 54,985 gross tonnes cruise ferry is scheduled to arrive into Dublin next July when it will enter year-round service on Ireland – France and Dublin – Holyhead routes.Described by its owner as “the largest and most luxurious ferry ever to sail on the Irish Sea”, the W. B. Yeats will have space for 1,885 passengers and crew, and almost 3km of car deck space. “The launch of our new cruise ferry W. B. Yeats – and the expectation of our second new cruise ferry yet to come – herald in a new era in ferry travel between Ireland, UK and Continental Europe bringing with it new standards in terms of passenger and freight capacity, comfort and reliability beyond anything previously envisaged,” Irish Ferries’ Managing Director, Andrew Sheen, said.In addition, the Flensburg shipyard will shortly commence building a second, even larger cruise ferry for delivery in 2020 which was commissioned a few weeks ago by Irish Ferries parent, Irish Continental Group plc at a contract price of EUR 165.2 million.Intended for service on the Dublin – Holyhead route, the second new vessel will be the largest cruise ferry in the world in terms of vehicle capacity with accommodation for 1,800 passengers and crew, according to Irish Ferries.Its vehicle decks will have 5,610 freight lane metres, providing the capability to carry 330 freight units per sailing – a 50 pct increase in peak freight capacity compared to the current vessel Ulysses.Image Courtesy: Irrish Ferries, FSG
Mrs May outlined the proposal in a speech at the Tory party conference in which she spoke about the threat from the so-called Islamic State – also known as Isis and Isil – and the Nigerian Islamist movement Boko Haram. But George Osborne, the Chancellor, has made clear in a letter to constituents that the aim of the orders would be to “eliminate extremism in all its forms” and that they would be used to curtail the activities of those who “spread hate but do not break laws”. He explained that that the new orders, which will be in the Conservative election manifesto, would extend to any activities that “justify hatred” against people on the grounds of religion, sexual orientation, gender or disability.He also disclosed that anyone seeking to challenge such an order would have to go the High Court, appealing on a point of law rather than fact.The National Secular Society and the Christian institute – two organisations with often diametrically opposing interests – said they shared fears that the broad scope of extremism could represent a major threat to free speech.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11202290/Sharia-law-or-gay-marriage-critics-would-be-branded-extremists-under-Tory-plans-atheists-and-Christians-warn.html The Telegraph 2 November 2014Anyone who criticises Sharia law or gay marriage could be branded an “extremist” under sweeping new powers planned by the Conservatives to combat terrorism, an alliance of leading atheists and Christians fear.Theresa May, the Home Secretary, unveiled plans last month for so-called Extremism Disruption Orders, which would allow judges to ban people deemed extremists from broadcasting, protesting in certain places or even posting messages on Facebook or Twitter without permission.
Greensburg, In. — Greensburg resident, Maria Maurer is in the running for the honor of “America’s Pig Farmer of the Year.” The award was created by the National Pork Board to recognize the very best in pig farming. The award highlights the advancements made over recent decades in animal health, food safety and environmental stewardship.After a career in banking Maurer has been pig farming for about 14 years and says instead of balancing accounts she’s focused on making pigs happy. Maurer maintains 550 sows and sells about 18,000 market pigs annually.Happiness for a pig is all about fresh water, fresh air and the right food formulation. She says the pig’s environment is climate controlled, air monitored and the feed is a cocktail of nutrients developed by experts based the on-site conditions. She says maintaining the health of the animals prevent the use of antibiotics.Cast a vote for Maria by the end of the day Friday, September 8 at https://www.americaspigfarmer.com/about/.
VENTURA, Calif. (May 18) – Ventura Raceway beat the rain and Ryan Lauer beat the rest of the IMCA Modified field to the finish line Saturday night. The 20-lap main event proved fast and furious with Lauer passing Dennis Eckert on lap four and leading to the checkered flag for his second win of the season. Following Lauer to the line were 2018 track champion Trevor Fitz-Gibbon, Austin Grabowski, Terry Hershberger and Jack Parker.
Track officials also reminds competitors and fans social distancing guidelines are still in effect and can be viewed at http://www.us36racewaydirttrack.com/news/?i=82363. Friday, June 12, the weekly racers ready to challenge the high banks once again. The IMCA Modifieds, IMCA RaceSaver Sprint Cars, IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars and Karl Kustoms Northern SportMods are all on lineup. OSBORN, Mo. – Between rainouts and special events at U.S. 36 Raceway, a month has passed since the weekly competitors at all competed on the same night. Tickets are $15 for general admission, $12 for military and seniors (with ID) and children 12 and younger are free. Tickets for the event are available online at https://market.myracepass.com/store/tickets/?i=1210341&store=17636. Pit gates open at 4 p.m. The grandstand opens at 6 p.m., with hot laps at 7:30 p.m. and racing at 8 p.m.
New Delhi: Former Bengal cricket captain Gopal Bose died after suffering a cardiac arrest at a Birmingham hospital on Sunday. He was 71 and is survived by his wife and son Arijit. An opening batsman, Bose had scored 3757 runs in 78 first-class games with eight hundreds and 17 fifties. He also took 72 wickets with his handy off-breaks including one five-wicket haul.He was the first cricketer from Bengal to play an ODI against England in 1974, which was incidentally only the second ODI that India played.ALSO READ: Mohammad Irfan creates T20 history with unplayable spellInterestingly, Bose was the manager of the Virat Kohli-led India U-19 team that won the colts World Cup in Kuala Lumpur in 2008.After a prolific 1973-74 season, during which he scored a big hundred for Rest of India in the Irani Cup, Bose was included for India’s unofficial tour of Sri Lanka, where he scored a hundred and shared a 194-run opening stand with Sunil Gavaskar.He was picked for India’s 1974 tour to England and his struggles against the moving delivery meant that he didn’t play a Test match on that tour.He was also picked in the squad for a 1975 Test match against the West Indies in Chennai when Gavaskar was injured but the erstwhile selection committee decided to promote Eknath Solkar as Farokh Engineer’s opening partner. Bose never got a call-up after that.ALSO READ: Asian Games Day 8 LIVE: Sindhu, Nehwal reach women’s singles semifinalHowever, he made a name for himself as one of the most respected coaches in Bengal with sharp insight. Some of the Bengal stars of later years like Ranadeb Bose, Devang Gandhi, and Avishek Jhunjhunwala learnt their cricket under Bose’s tutelage.There was a popular saying in the late 80’s and early 90’s that “it can’t be that you are a resident of South Kolkata and you have not learnt your cricket under Gopal da”.Known to speak his mind, Bose was never a favourite with the establishment in Bengal cricket. It was only after Sourav Ganguly became the president of the Cricket Association of Bengal that he was conferred with the Lifetime Achievement Award. ALSO READ: Tajinderpal Singh Toor dedicates gold to cancer battling father“Lost a very dear person today ..luckily he was with his entire family in Birmingham ..will miss him ..may his soul rest in peace,” former India captain Sourav Ganguly wrote on his twitter page.Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee said: “Saddened at the passing away of Gopal Bose, former India cricketer, the shining star of Bengal cricket for many years and captain. My condolences to his family, admirers and friends in the sports fraternity.”The likes of Manoj Tiwary and Wriddhiman Saha also expressed their condolences. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.